Software Engineer Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Description Looking for an opportunity to unleash your
potential? At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the
efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our
customer's success. We empower our teams, contribute to our
communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on
a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people,
and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we
do business.If this sounds like an environment where you can
thrive, keep reading!Leidos is seeking a Software Engineering
Manager to join our team at the Turner Fairbank Highway Research
Center in Mclean, Virginia! The dynamic leader will be a key part
of the Leidos team, supporting Connected Automated Vehicle (CAV)
research across the U.S. through our work at the U.S. Department of
Transportation's (USDOT) Saxton Laboratory (STOL). Our team helps
to develop emerging technologies to improve transportation safety,
mobility, and environmental impacts. The STOL provides a variety of
services to support the advancement and deployment of
vehicle-to-infrastructure technologies. Learn more about STOL here
! This is an opportunity for an individual seeking a leadership
role in a fast-paced environment working directly with state and
local DOTs as well as technology vendors in the CAV industry. To
succeed in this position, we need a solid software development team
manager with experience leading a team of 15+ software developers
to aid multiple research and development projects such as Vehicle
to Everything (V2X) and Cooperative Driving Automation (CDA) in a
matrix organization. Engineering life cycle activities will include
detailed software design, coding, unit testing, automated test
planning and development, software integration, configuration
management, version control, system testing, user documentation,
customer interaction, and team management. Your greatest work is
- Staff management & development, supervising a team of
approximately 15-20 people.
- Staff planning, including adjusting to shifting priorities and
solving problems quickly.
- Mentoring staff to maintain high levels of performance and
- Collaborate with internal functional and project managers, and
customers in forming strategies to improve performance.
- Act as scrum of scrums master to manage work streams of
multiple sprint teams.
- Manage release plan and road map for agile development.
- Lead scrum team as scrum master for multiple projects.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Agile development
methods and processes.
- Manage software development processes using GitHub, Atlassian
Jira and Confluence, Sonar Cloud. Basic Qualifications:
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, or other science
disciplines with 8+ years of prior relevant experience, or Master's
Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience coding with C++ and/or Java/J2EE software
- Skilled in designing, developing, and managing applications
using both relational and non-relational databases.
- Understand and leverage common software development
architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservices, etc.).
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices
(automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, continuous
- Familiarity with communication protocols, such as TCP, UDP,
- Design and develop fully scalable applications.
- Professional writing and oral presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and life
- Knowledge or experience analyzing or developing ITS and/or
- Experience developing real-time, embedded software is a
- Version control architecture and management skills.
- Experience developing architecture and designing complex
- Strong knowledge of ITS, V2X.
- Knowledge of NTCIP, SAE, and IEEE standards as they pertain to
ITS and Connected Vehicle domains.
- Familiarity with Cooperative Driving Automation domain is a
- Experience in business and proposal development. You Might Also
- Experience with Software Architecture and Software
- Experience with message queues/message brokers/data streaming
such as Apache Kafka, and NATS.
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and/or REST web
services using specifications such as Open API.
- Experience developing user interfaces and web pages using
- Experience with automation or robotics principles
- Basic familiarity with the physics of a moving vehicle,
especially as relates to lateral control and steering.
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience working with or implementing telematics systems and
data visualization technologies.
- Experience with Git, Docker (including Docker-compose), and
continuous integration/continuous deployment using Docker and Sonar
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience working on Agile projects and working with Agile
toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Hands-on experience developing code with Unity/HTC Vive
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, and has sharp self-time
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and strong ability to
- Ability to flourish within a dynamic, fun team environment as
well as work independently.
- Flexible and comfortable with changing direction and competing
priorities. Clearance Required:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security
clearance (which includes three years of immediate residency in the
US). At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our
staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an
opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us,
helping you grow your career is good business. We'd like to learn
more about you, apply today! Pay Range: Pay Range $97,500.00 -
$150,000.00 - $202,500.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level
is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Centreville , Software Engineer Manager, Executive , Centreville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!