Program Therapist- Eating Disorder, Residential (LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Resident in Counseling)
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
The -Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Center for Discovery Clinical
Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct therapy sessions, and other case management tasks, as
assigned. Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all patients,
completes discharge session, and ensures follow up appointments are
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge.
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support during -meal and snacks with the patients,
including prepping, portioning and eating.
- Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per month and
returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call.
Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional
Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call.
Compensation Range: -$60-80k Compensation will be dependent upon
education and experience This full-time position is -in-person -at
our 8-bed Fairfax Residential Program. It has a schedule of
Monday-Friday and includes being part of an on-call rotation. For a
virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field completed,
- Completion of VA state requirements to conduct therapeutic
interventions, -required -
- Holds an active clinical license in the state of Virginia or
operates under supervision and is not yet fully licensed, -required
-(LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Resident in Counseling)
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare, preferred -
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire -
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain -ServSafe -certification within 90 day of hire -
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good standing
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is
reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we
work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and
strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be
an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ Discovery Behavioral Health
seeks to build a diverse staff that is reflective of the patients
we serve and the communities where we work. DBH encourages multiple
perspectives, experiences, and strives to hire and retain a diverse
workforce. PandoLogic. Keywords: Mental Health Counselor, Location:
Clifton, VA - 20124 , PL: 584096676
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Centreville , Program Therapist- Eating Disorder, Residential (LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Resident in Counseling), Healthcare , Clifton, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!