Fitness Trainer in Haymarket, VA at Dominion Valley Country Club
Company: Haymarket, VA, United States
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Fitness Trainer Responsible for providing a safe and effective
exercise environment for club Members/Guests through supervision of
exercise programs, education of the Members/Guests in exercise and
a focus on establishing a personalized program of exercise for each
Member/Guest. Also responsible for promoting the facility and the
club, while providing the Three Steps of Service to the Members and
guests of the club. Reports Directly Director of Fitness or
Operations GM. Day to Day:
- To provide supervision of the exercise and fitness areas of the
club, including assisting Members/Guests with their exercise and
- To evaluate Member/Guest fitness needs and provide the
appropriate exercise program for meeting those needs, including
providing personal instruction.
- To connect Members to other Members through ongoing contact
with the Members and promotion of club activities, including warm
welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells by connecting with each
Member in the facility.
- Conduct new Member FitStart appointments in accordance with
club standards and track accordingly.
- Update fitness activities and programming on web page and/or
Member communication board, as applicable.
- Responsible for daily processing of all accounting procedures
around personal training and or group session(s) accurately.
- Responsible for submitting monthly forecasts for expected
sessions, Fit Starts and New Client goals.
- Promote the facility amenities, programs and the Club while
maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns
with the values, philosophies, and standards of the club. This
includes being in club-approved uniform and nametag.
- Maintain current fitness-related certifications including
CPR/AED and actively seek new education opportunities that are
presented through ClubCorp partnerships
- Maintain a schedule of availability that is current and update
as needed to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments are completed in
their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated
in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e. orderly/organized work
areas, straighten/arrange entry area, picking up trash/debris,
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members, and guests to ensure
delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware
of team members and the environment and participate as a member of
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they
occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it
may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of
different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job,
you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just
as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may
be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written
mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures,
manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up
the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple
tasks at any given time.
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working
habits while in all areas, including all exercise areas and
equipment are in safe and effective working condition, and assuring
that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at Team and individual meetings
- Attendance at daily line-up and participate in club events as
- Wearing a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your
property uniform standards daily. WORK EXPERIENCE: Customer service
experience. Minimum of one years experience in the fitness or
exercise industry required. EDUCATION: High school diploma, GED, or
equivalent required. College Degree in health, fitness, or
recreation related field preferred. CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
Certification in CPR/AED. Certification from national organization
such as ACSM, ACE, PTAG, W.I.T.S, CSCS, TPI, MAT, NSCA, NASM
required. Within one year of employment ClubCorp STAR certified.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Minimum of 2 hours of fee-based work per
week. WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Indoor and outdoor work.
Keywords: Haymarket, VA, United States, Centreville , Fitness Trainer in Haymarket, VA at Dominion Valley Country Club, Human Resources , Haymarket, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!