Oracle Database Administrator - Hybrid
Company: Govcio LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Overview: GovCIO is currently hiring for Oracle Database
Administrator to support application development and modernization.
This position will be located in Quantico, VA and will be a hybrid
position. Responsibilities: Implements and maintains smooth
operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance
tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design
and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes
recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies,
procedures, and standards relating to database management, and
monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored
procedures and/or triggers.
- Administers a variety of database systems, such as Microsoft
SQL Server, and other Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Develops and enforces database administration and user
standards and procedures; audits, modifies, and amends data in
systems using SQL commands.
- Oversees the scheduling of database projects, database and
transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication
between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites.
- Assists Database Designers/Information System Analysts in the
development and creation of SQL and Web-based databases and
- Reviews technical designs, reports, documentation, and other
materials produced by staff; creates and maintains high-level
reporting systems using products such as Crystal Reports;
researches and implements new database and online technology.
- Tunes Oracle databases to improve the performance of the
database and components
- Supports software development efforts integrating with
Microsoft .NET, Telerik, and more
- Supports database upgrades, migrations, and corruption
- Supports backup and recovery efforts
- Design, develop and tune of SQL queries, SQL stored procedures,
- Make recommendations for optimization including implementation
of database configuration parameters/standards related to
performance and sizing for both transactional and data warehouse
- Monitor database queries, recommend and improve overall
performance of the system
- Create and maintain database documentation and procedures
- Supports the design of global data search functionality
- Excellent oral communicator with good writing and presentation
- Self-starter with demonstrable initiative and follow through
- Able to conduct independent research to lead or support the
resolution of complex questions and issues
- Full understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing multiple
- Identify/monitor space requirements for Oracle databases in
development and production environments Qualifications: High School
with 10+ years (or commensurate experience) Required Skills and
- Clearance Required: Secret
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II
- Oracle 19c PL/SQL
- Oracle RAC
- Remote site database replication Preferred Skills and
- Familiar with large data sets of structed, unstructured, and
- Oracle patching/revision/upgrades Company Overview: GovCIO is a
team of transformers people who are passionate about transforming
government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering
innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government
agencies operate and serve our citizens.But we can't do it alone.
We need great people to help us do great things - for our
customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great
people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a
workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a
transformer?We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the
range expected for this position at the commencement of employment,
however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple
individualized factors, including market location, job-related
knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The
total compensation package for this position may also include other
compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process.
If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the GovCIO
reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other
discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time,
including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or
individual department/team performance, and market factors. Posted
Salary Range: USD $150,000.00 - USD $170,000.00 /Yr.
Keywords: Govcio LLC, Centreville , Oracle Database Administrator - Hybrid, IT / Software / Systems , Quantico, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!