Superintendent 1st Asst in Haymarket, VA at Dominion Valley Country Club
Company: Haymarket, VA, United States
Posted on: September 19, 2023
We are Invited.
At Invited, work feels like play, as you build relationships with
your team and meet Members from all different backgrounds. Every
time you step foot in your Club, you can create magic moments and
enrich lives. So, join us and be a part of a fun, fast-paced,
high-impact group of talented people. We are passionate about
bringing people together and about bringing out the very best in
life.Invited reflects our proud history of inclusiveness and
captures our welcoming spirit. Our unprecedented collection of more
than 200 golf and country, city, and stadium clubs share a common
goal- building relationships and enriching lives. The time has come
to build on our traditions and write new chapters. We welcome you
to join us.Invited. Where You Belong.
The First Assistant Superintendent is responsible for golf course
maintenance operations, and staff under the leadership of the Golf
Course Superintendent to ensure healthy growth of the golf course
and clubhouse grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant
materials. The duties include assessing and providing guidance and
expertise to maintain rigorous industry and environmental standards
in turf quality, including use of specialized knowledge in various
fields of agronomy and horticulture.Day-to-Day
- Train and Implement Procedures for Golf Course Maintenance
- Perform Chemical and Fertilizer applications
- Daily water management of Practices Greens, Tees, and
- Daily evaluation of turf for wear, disease, moisture, cut
quality, growth rate, etc.
- Ensure all company policies, standards of operations, manuals,
standards of conduct, safety rules, and policies against harassment
are strictly followed by all staff and member/guests (including
prompt intervention, investigation, and documentation).
- Determine appropriate personnel action (counseling, written
warnings, suspension or termination) in the event of performance,
attendance problems or violations of company policies coordinate
with Human Resources, Legal, and Senior Management as
- Assign and develop work-efficient schedules to meet staffing
needs of Golf Operations and as warranted, recruit and hire staff
to provide superior level of member services.
- Effective communication with staff, members, and Senior
Management. About You
- 2-3 years' experience in Golf Course Maintenance.
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree.
- Pesticide Applicators License.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping
as required by local, state and federal laws.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with
Members, Employee Partners and guests.
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred.
Have more questions? Check out ourInvited Jobswebsite to get more
details about ClubLife, the Employee Experience, Company Benefits,
and Our Culture. Be a part of our Social Networks:LinkedInInstagram
Twitter FacebookInvited is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
/ Invited participates in E-Verify. This job post is intended to
describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a
complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary.
Keywords: Haymarket, VA, United States, Centreville , Superintendent 1st Asst in Haymarket, VA at Dominion Valley Country Club, Other , Haymarket, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!