Company: UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Job Code: AN5020
We are welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good
health is just the beginning. At UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper,
we believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know - and
making connections with - our patients. By combining the talent and
expertise of our people, the breadth of capabilities across our
system, and our commitment to helping our communities get better
and stay healthy, we are improving the patient experience.
As a UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper team member, you will have a
voice in patient care decisions, support the most advanced medical
technologies and feel a strong sense of satisfaction from making a
difference in people's lives every day.
Supervises Positions: No
The anesthesia technician supports the department of Anesthesia
- Preparation and set up of appropriate equipment and supplies
for each surgical case.
- Preparation and set up of appropriate equipment and supplies,
including prepping patient as appropriate, for blocks, a-lines,
- Maintains a clean and safe anesthesia workroom.
- Restocks and cleans all anesthesia carts and equipment.
- Inventories and orders supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Communication: Collaborates with the
leadership team and UCIC to identify and resolve unit issues.
- Keeps co-workers and intra-op staff informed of any
- Follows written instructions as needed. Quality: Complies with
established departmental and organization policies/guidelines.
- Maintains, operates, and monitors all equipment according to
manufacturer's recommendations and department standards. Technical
Competency: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide services appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Collects, organizes, and enters information into the patient
- Assists with various types of surgical operations providing
technically skilled duties, serving as first assist.
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation and sterile/aseptic
technique. The incumbent may be asked to perform additional duties
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: 5 years of experience preferred. Refer to the Life
Support Training Policy for additional details.
Additional Skills/Requirements Required: Ability to successfully
complete generic and department-specific skills validation and
competency testing. Understands and practices the importance of
proper cleaning and disinfecting of anesthesia equipment; inventory
and ordering ability in order to meet supply and demand; some
knowledge of anesthesia equipment and medical terminology.
Additional Skills/Requirements Preferred: N/A
Physical Demand Code: 17A, Medical Technician/Other Techs
Work Function/Activity: Medium to Heavy Physical Demand
The job requires constant sitting, standing, walking, and
bending/stooping. Frequent repetitive body movements. Proficient
communicative, auditory, and visual skills. Attention to detail and
ability to write legibly. Ability to lift/push/pull up to 100 lbs.
occasionally. For any weight over 35 lbs. use Safe Handling
Equipment. This job description may not include all assigned
duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. It may
be amended at any time at the sole discretion of UVA Health
Northern VA & Culpeper.
- May require the use of safety equipment, such as HEPA mask, for
infection prevention: Yes
- On call responsibilities as directed: No
- Ability to travel between campus buildings, remote facilities,
and out of town as needed: No
Keywords: UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper, Centreville , Anesthesia Technician, Professions , Haymarket, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!